Volodymyr-Volynsky school of I-III degrees number 1 is
situated on the bank of the picturesque Luga River. It is the oldest school
in the town. In December 1939 the first Ukrainian school was organized in
the town. It was headed by P.Golub. The school was only for girls to 1955.
The first graduation took place in the hard postwar times in 1948. 12 pupils
graduated the school. Three of them have got gold medals, two pupils have
got silver medals. The school is proud of its school-leavers. They have
become distinguished actors, famous film directors, professors and senior
lectures of Kyiv and Lviv universities, writers and ordinary working people.
The school is over 65, but it constantly grows young again and renews. Every
year its school-leavers set out in their life road. And in autumn a school
calls new children again to give them knowledge wings.
Volodymyr-Volynsky comprehensive school of I-III degrees
number 2 was put into operation in 1945 as a school for boys. It started its
function as a secondary school number 2 from 1957. It moved into a new
building in the centre of the town in 10, Kovelska street in 1963. The
establishment had been functioning at this address for 17 years. As the
number of pupils increased, it was nesessary to widen the area. Thus, in
1980 a big school family gave a house-warming party in a new building at 2,
Volodymyr-Volynsky comprehensive school number 3 was formed
in 1940. The educational establishment changed its status several times
during its existence. In 1946 it became a boy’s school. In 1955 a separate
education for boys and girls was abolished. Boys and girls started their
studying together again. The school was of Russian language for a long time.
But from 2005 it is a Ukrainian language school. The same year the
comprehensive school of I-III degree was reformed into the
Before profile and profile education of pupils in English,
Maths, Science of law, Ukrainian language and Physical Training is organized
at school in a high level. Just here, the pupils of “VIK” team study. They
are the champions of Ukraine in football more than once. The EUC
(Educational-Up-Bringing Complex) number 3 cooperates tight with the higher
educational establishment: the National university: “Ostrog Academy” and
Volyn State University by the name of Lesya Ukrainka.
In 2003 the school came out into the international level. The
agreement about cooperation with the amalgamation of schools of Bydgovsk
Polk, Grabovets (Poland) was concluded. Within the limits of agreement
different meetings take place, common measures and celebrations are held,
the change of experience between teachers and groups of students are put
into practice. The pupils of school take part in the International English
Olympiad in Poland.
Among the school-leavers, a famous surgeon-cardiologist
Andriy Gens works in Moscow, Lyudmyla Golodova is the head of the department
in the Scientific Institute in Sergiiv-Posad (Russia), the parliamentary
correspondent “Radio Svoboda” is Maya Nagornyak.
Volodymyr-Volynsky gymnasia are the youngest among all
educational establishments of the town. It creates its history itself,
because all the roads are opened for those who are brave. The gymnasia are
known not only in the region but in Ukraine due to its gifted gymnasia
pupils. Every year the participants of subject olimpiads, intellectual
tournaments get many awards. Young scientists write and defend successfully
their science works. The creative works of teachers are summarized in the
rank of methodological books. The pupils and teachers take part in many
international projects, keep friendly relations with the educational
establishments of Ukraine and Poland (Lublin).
Gymnasia is a small country, where a real citizen is brought
up. Every year they elect their own President and the centers of pupils self
administration are created. Courageous and sure of their strength gymnasia
pupils walk with vigorous strides in their future.
Volodymyr-Volynsky comprehensive school I-III degrees number 5 was founded in 1985. About 800 pupils study here. There are 30 complete set of classes here.
65 teachers, 2 educators, a psyhologist, a teacher-organizer,
a swimming instructor, librarians and lab workers work at school. In 2006
the director of the school Anatoliy Korenevsky was given the rank of
“Honoured Teacher of Ukraine”. There are two computer rooms, a multimedia
room, a gym, a swimming pool, a shooting gallery (50m), an assembly-hall,
workshops, a canteen, an ethnology room, etc. All aspects of school activity
are regulated by the Charter. The social body of self-government is the
school Rada (teachers, parents and pupils).
On March 2, 2007 a kinder-garden number 2 celebrated the 50th
anniversary of its foundation. Hanna Orlovska was the first to be at the
head of it. In 1967 the kinder-garden moved to a new building in 129,
Kovelska Street. It had 6 age groups. The teachers made favorable conditions
for the complete physical and spiritual development of each child. In 1980 a
new building for 12 age groups was built. Just here, a new pre-school
institution number 2 “Kazka” under the guideness of Olga Shlihta started its
existence. Many generations of children grew up in this institution. Today
the kinder-garden is a pre-school educational institution of physical
training and health improving direction. The main task of the institution
activity is preserving and improving of physical and spiritual health of
children, the formation their personalities and the development of their
On the eve of the 1000th anniversary of Volodymyr-Volynsky, a
pre-school educational institution “Volynyanochka” opened its door on the
bank of the Luga River. The front of the building was like an ancient castle
which turned into the fairy palace for kinds. So, pre-school children have
been already visiting it for 20 years. Larysa Vyaltseva is a permanent
supervisor of this institution since the date of its foundation. 12 groups
function here today. The priorities of the institution are learning English
and Polish. One of the groups follows V.Suhomlynsky’s pedagogical heritage.
This pre-school educational institution has prepared to school and turned
out more than 2000 children. “Volynyanochka” is a cozy home for the little
citizens of Ukraine.
The pre-school educational institution number 8 “Vyshyvanka”
opened its hospitable door for kids in 1989. A great attention is paid there
for artistic education. The teachers form the aesthetic attitude of a child
to the nature, the cultural heritage of mankind, teach children to take in
the beauty and create it. Since September 2004 the early rehabilitation
centre of disabled children was open on the basis of the establishment. All
necessary conditions have been created for all-round development of each
child himself and his right for interesting and happy life. The atmosphere
of the kinder-garden is full of care of the children. The teaching staff is
ready for the further creative searching and cooperation with everybody who
is interested in constructive decision of the child’s life forming.
Nowadays the educational up-bringing complex “Dzvinochok” is
the institution with the profound learning of English and the subjects of
the artistic cycle. It cooperates tight with the Pedagogical College.
Since 1959 it was the kinder-garden of Volodymyr-Volynsky
Sewing Factory. It has got its name “Dzvinochok”. In 1990 the first groups
according to personal creative abilities were organized there. In 1993
“Dzvinochok” became the municipal institution ¹10. Later it was reorganized
into the educational up-bringing institution “Dzvinochok” with the profound
learning English and aesthetic education.
Volodymyr-Volynsky interschool training centre was founded in
October, 1 1980. The first name was Volodymyr-Volynsky interschool training
centre of labour education and pupil’s professional orientation. The pupils
always win the first prized at Regional and Republican Olympiads in Labour
Training. Since 1980 the training centre has occupied the building of the
former school ¹5 in Dragomanov Street. The training centre has 5 training
cars and 2 models. A sewing workshop for 34 pupils, studies, workshops and
labs were also equipped there. Every year over 200 school leaves get the
working professions at this institution. Over 5500 workers were graduated
since the time of the training center’s functioning.
Out-of-school activity centre is like a separate land where they teach how to live, create, work and dream. It is only six years old. But a door to the future has already been opened before it. Every year it achieves its aim and puts new tasks before itself.
Out-of-school activity centre is a life. It is difficult,
tense but joyful. It is a system with its own traditions, with its Charter,
with its own way of communication between children and grown-ups. 4 sections
are functioning here. The teachers of ecologically naturalistic section open
the door before those who are not indifferent to the flora and fauna of our
country. And there is a tourist-regional studies section for those who can’t
live without travelling. They will help to construct planes and ships, to
make the first attempts of a young designer in the technical section.
Everybody is impressed by the beauty and grace of the artisticy-aesthetic
sections pupils. The pupils of different circles were the winners of
International, All-Ukrainian, Regional, Local contests, festivals,
tournaments and competitions, All-Ukrainian classification tournament of
sport dancing “Perlyna”, singing contest “Yuni Golosy” are organized here.
They take an active part in the organization of All-Ukrainian contest among
young performers “Volodymyr”.
The establishment made friendly relations with the children’s
body from Poland and Belarus. The pupils took part and became the winner of
the International contest “Kolyadka bez kordoniv’ in Hainovka city, the
International song and creative form festival in Tarnobzheg city.
Out-of-school activity centre provides the organization of different
activity kinds for children and youth. It was the educational value and
enriches personal qualities, cultural and spiritual development of the
pupils. It organizes skillfully the children’s activity in their free time.
Volodymyr-Volynsky sporting school for children and youth was
founded in 1954. Yefym Purmenko was its first supervisor. Gymnastics and
basketball sections were opened at that time. In 1960 the section of
track-and-field events and bullet shooting were opened. After them sporting
school for children and youth cultivates such kinds of sports as basketball,
volleyball, track-and-field events, football, table tennis and collisthenics.
The Olympic champion in football Volodymyr Tatarchuk began his training here. He became the champion being a member of the combined team of the USSR at the Olympiad in 1988 in Seoul. The school has prepared many masters of sports, such as V.Levkov, G.Yaremchyk, L.Savytska, V.Porodin, V.Prystupa, V.Yachmenyov in track-and field events, N.Inshuna in bullet shooting and many others.
Modern achievements of the school’s pupils are connected with
the successful performing of young footballers.
The team of boys born 1991 is the champions of Ukraine three times, the boys born 1992 were the champions once; they were prize-winners 2 times. The boys born in 1992 became the champions of Ukraine in the competition for the club prize “Shkiryany myach” 2 times. And in 2007 the boys born in 1995 became the champions of Ukraine in this competition. The footballers born in 1992 took the 4th place in the Higher League of the Football Championship in Ukraine in 2005-2006 seasons.
A special boarding school of general education of the I-III
degrees for children suffering from dull hearing has been living and
functioning for 60 years with its own joy, success and failure. It has
become a native home for pupils and teachers.
This educational establishment is one out of 31 in Ukraine
and the only one in the region where children, suffering from dull hearing,
study, develop and are brought up.
The school prepares them to the life of full value. It tries
to avoid a painful feeling of needlessness, estrangement among those who can
Today 102 children aged from 6 to 19 from different parts of
Volyn study here. They get full secondary education and professional
preparation here. They bring joy to their parents and teachers. Young
artists have traveled throughout Volyn. They have visited Poland, the
Carpathians and they are repeated winners of the festival “Believe in
yourself”. The school is proud of its sportsmen too because the
prize–winners of all-Ukrainian sports and athletics meeting “Believe in
yourself” study here. The champions of Ukraine in track-and-field events and
table-tennis are among the children-invalids.
The most of their school-leavers work in the regional
enterprises successfully. They also study in the special secondary and
vocational training establishments for children suffering from dull hearing.
The higher educational establishment “Volodymyr-Volynsky Pedagogical College named after A.Krymsky” was founded as pedagogical school in 1939 to train pedagogical personnel for working in new-created Ukrainian schools of the western regions of Ukraine. The studying of the first students was interrupted by the Great Patriotic War. On July 20, 1944 Volodymyr-Volynskyi was liberated from fascists' occupation and on July, 24 the work of the pedagogical school was renewed under the head of M.Yerofeyew. The first teachers graduating of the primary school was in 1945. It numbered 21 persons. In accordance with the resolution of the Rada of People’s Commissars of the USSR from November 3, 1944
Volodymry-Volynsky pedagogical school was renamed as
In 1971, on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of a well-known scientifist, academican of the Academy of Science of Ukraine Agatangel Krymsky, the college was given his name in accordance with the resolution number 29 of Rada of Ministers of Ukraine from May 7, 1971.
On October 18, 2005 in accordance with the resolution of Volyn Regional Rada, the pedagogical college was reorganized into the higher educational establishment “Volodmyr-Volynsky pedagogical college named after A.Krymsky”.
The college has prepared more then 12.000 school and
kindergarten teachers. A scientific and material base gives an opportunity
to organize the educational and up-bringing process strictly. There is a
students’ hostel for those who wish, a canteen, a gym and an assembly-hall,
a library and reading-hall at students’ service.
There is a school in a picturesque place of the town on the
bank of the quiet Luga river. It has become a native home for many children
of the region. It is a boarding-school of general education of the I-III
degrees for children orphans and children deprived of parents’ care.
This educational establishment was founded in 1980. Almost 2000 pupils have been let out of it since that time. In hard 90s the pedagogical staff began to work out the alternative sources of financing and providing of the boarding-school. Common Ukrainian and German projects began to be realized. Even today the school has good relations with the German beneficial organizations: “Renaissance Osteuropa e V” and “Diakonishes Werk”.
In 2002 an agreement about cooperation was signed with Volyn
regional Lyceum with high military preparation, and the branch in future and
get a professional military preparation.
Today 270 children are brought up at school. An Honored
Teacher of Education of Ukraine Valentyn Virkovsky has been heading here for
Volodymyr-Volynsky Higher Vocational school was born on November 1, 1954 when 300 pupils began their first studying year. Over 50 years have passed since that time. Today 600 students get working professions for agricultural branches, trade and high industry. In 2002 the vocational school has come the state accreditation.
Under the instruction of the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine the vocational school began its functions as higher vocational school from March 31, 2003.
The vocational school has not only the past, creative and
modern, but wide perspectives of its development for future. Under the
competent direction of Volodymyr Smolyar it becomes possible to achieve much
success in future.
Volodymyr-Volynsky agricultural Technical Secondary School was founded in 1944. The address of it is 27, General Shuhevych Street. The director is Konovalyuk Oleksandr Vasylyovych.
Volodymry-Volynsky Medical Technical College is a private
educational establishmebt. It has the 1st degree of accreditation. It was
founded in 2003 in accordance with the resolution of the Executive Committee
of Volodymyr-Volynsky Town Rada. The studying began in 2004. 95 students
were he first to study here. More than 350 future medical workers study in
the college today.
In accordance with State Accreditation Committee from March 14, 2005 it was given a licence on the right of inculcation of educational activity to give a higher education in the direction of “Medicine”. In 2007, from June 26, the establishment was accredetated. Zdihovsky Dmytro is at the head of it.
Volodymyr-Volynsky Central District Hospital is the main practical bases of the college. The students have an opportunity to get fundamental knowledge, skills and acquired habits with the help of qualified practicing doctors, veterans of medicine and pharmacy. A qualitative preparation of the specialists is directed to acting standards and modern European level.